NATIONAL STANDARDS TCVN 8653-2 : 2012
TCVN 8653-2 : 2012
WALL EMULSION PAINTS - TEST METHODS - PART 2: DETERMINATION OF WATER RESISTANCE OF PAINT FILM
1. Scope of application
This International Standard specifies a method for determining the water resistance of paint films.
2. Sampling and sample preparation
As stipulated in TCVN 2090: 2007 (ISO 15528: 2000).
2.2. Sample preparation and testing
As stipulated in TCVN 5669: 2007 (ISO 1513: 1992).
3. Prepare the reference sample for testing
The reference plate for testing according to Clause 4 of TCVN 8653-1:2012 and has dimensions of (150 x 100 x 10) mm.
4. Tools, chemicals
- Plastic pots, with a capacity of 5-10 liters;
- Electric stove;
- Towels, dry and absorbent;
- Aluminum pot, with a capacity of 3 liters;
- Paintbrush, width 25-30 mm;
- Distilled water.
- Take 4 standard samples and process paint film on both sides.
- After the paint film is completely dry, cover the four surrounding edges of the three sample sheets with molten paraffin, the remaining sample sheet as a control sample.
- Immerse the three samples above in distilled water at a temperature of (27 ± 2)oC vertically, the water surface is always at least 3 cm from the sample plate, with the immersion time specified as follows:
+ Paint inside walls, not less than 240 hours;
+ Paint exterior walls, not less than 480 hours.
After soaking for the specified time, remove the three specimens from the water and dry the surfaces of the plates with a soft cloth.
6. Results evaluation
Visually observe the specimen plate surfaces immediately after they have been blotted dry. If at least two of the three specimens are free from peeling, blistering, or cracking and, after being stored for 2 hours at room temperature, there is a slight change in color and gloss compared to the three specimens. with the control sample, the conclusion is that the paint film meets the requirements.
>> READ OTHERS TCVN <<
Office address: Floor 2-A2-IA20, Nam Thang Long Urban Area, Pham Van Dong Street,
Dong Ngac Ward, Bac Tu Liem District, Hanoi City, Vietnam
Research Center: Nhue hamlet - Kim Chung village - Dong Anh district - Hanoi - Viet Nam
Tel/Fax: (+84) 24 375 89089 / (+84) 24 375 89098
Hotline: 1800.577.728; Zalo: 0971.023.523